No BAILOUT for big 3

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but after decades of repeated blowing chances to produce more fuel efficient / hybrid vehicles, I feel very insulted that the big 3 want a 25 billion loan to help them.

I say let them go under!!!

If 25 billion of the taxpayers' money is to go anywhere - let this money go to getting people back on their feet that have been hit in the Gulf coast hurricanes. This money would be well spent on decent everyday hard working folks, not on auto lobbyists and auto execs w/ their heads stuck uo their a**!

Butch Cassidy

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Butch, good point. Of course, if they start sinking, we might be driving Chevy F250's, Ford Silverados, or GMC Rams.
More likely it will be Mahindras and nothing will be produced domestically. No, bailouts do not appeal to me one bit, but niether does losing American manufacturers.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
This will be no different than the government stepping in to bail-out Freddie and Fannie. It would be the less of the 2 evils. :doh:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
thats fine let em go under.i have the cars and trucks i want.i dont like none of the newer stuff.the newer trucks and cars are butt ugly if you ask me.i have 2 trucks that have some character to them unlike the new stuff.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
*THIS JUST IN* Merrill Lynch + Lehman Brothers...done. Bear Stearns gone just 6 months ago. One or all of the big 3 going down? Very possible.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the way i see it there is a choice:
-give money to the big 3 so they stay up and running
or:
-give money to the millions of employees that will be unemployed when the big 3 go under.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Thats the way it will go, zook. Then maybe the government can see how much fun their own regulations are to follow. I can't wait to see how this whole mess plays out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58