No block heater....

KYmxracer52

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 05, and couldn't find the cord for the heater. I called the local dealership up and gave them my VIN and he said my truck wasn't manufactured with one. So my question is, how hard is it to install yourself, and how much roughly would it cost to buy one.? I haven't called back yet for a price, since they were suppose to check on it. I'm pretty mechanically skilled and my dad has a lift in the garage, so unless its very complicated, I'll more than likely do it myself.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The engine left IH with the heater installed. look above the starter on the side of the block. You need to go to an International dealer for a good price on cord, or buy from ebay. there's a few threads about it here, just go to site search engine.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i just went to IH today. $26 and change and out the door. 'I' am just not conviced it is the right 'end'. he did call to confirm tho.

part # ZBL3600008

install was easy. no lift needed. can lay on the ground. however the 'removal' of factory sucked. they routed the dang thing up and over/inside the engine mount and back out again. stupid little xmas tree plugs holding it in place too. sharp knife took care of that tho. crawl under and look up above the started and there should be a 'plug' looking thing w/ 2 prongs sticking out. dats it.

see below
as long as it looks like this (i dont think we use the locking nut/ring) --> mine would not 'screw' onto the block.....
go to 'sd general discussion/go to 'part numbers' and read thru. sorry i could not get the pic to copy/paste here:dunno

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
see below
as long as it looks like this (i dont think we use the locking nut/ring) --> mine would not 'screw' onto the block.....
go to 'sd general discussion/go to 'part numbers' and read thru. sorry i could not get the pic to copy/paste here:dunno

You talking bout this pic Red?

DCP_3750.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58