no break lights ??

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the multi function switch is you turn signals,4 ways,wipers and high beam switch.remove the plastic covers from the colum i believe 3 philips from the bottom and 2 on the corners under the dah trim.then 2 t-15 or t20 torx screws holds the switch to the passengers side of the column.

surreyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first , thanx for the help RICH , i would have never known what it was i was looking for .
so i took the switch apart & sanded the contacts lightly , cleaned it with carb cleaner & put it back together with a thin layer of wheel bearing grease & nothing ? still no break lights & i have no hazards either , i have turn signals but no hazards ? i checked the hazards before i took it apart & there was nothing , so im guessing they have been gone for the same amount of time if not longer that the break lights ? BUT ! i also noticed that the ABS light is flashing as well ? dont know if that has anything to do with this whole mess of things or if its another can of worms ?? if any one has any advice as to what it may be , it would be much appreciated . one other thing , when i turn the hazards on , the turn signals dont work , im sure its probably supposed to work that way but just thought i would add that
thanx again every one

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
the flashers may need a relay.i believe its on the backside of the fuse box(been a while since ive looked).get a test light and make sure you have power into and out of the brake light switch.have you replaced the brake light switch yet?may want to try that.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you turn the hazards on the turn signals do not work and will be overridden by the brakes when you press them.

surreyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So first I want to thank every one for the help & suggestions . I found the problem after changing the break pedal switch , rear bulbs , checked the fuses in the cab & finally , checked the main fuses under the hood & it was the number 13 - 50 amp fuse , don't know what caused it to blow , maybe putting the boat in the water ??? Maybe trailer plug got wet ?? Any how , it's working fine now !! So thanx again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58