No dash function, windows, radio, ect

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Hello all! Its been awhile since I've been around. Its the end of the season for power washing so I should be In a lot more.
Well my problem started when I opened the door the other day heard a little pop and everything on the dash died, the radio cut off, the interior lights died, and the windows don't work. I think that its the Accessory delay relay. Is there a way to test the relays? I cant seem to find the relay at any auto parts store either. Does this sound like the problem? What caused the pop in the first place if that's the problem?
Thanks everyone!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I heard the pop under the dash area. I dont think it was under the hood. Ill check the fuse link though. Is it attached to the battery? If so which battery? Thanks DaveBen!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is part of the passenger's side battery positive cable. Did you look carefully under the dash around the fuse box?? I can't think what would make a popping sound other than fuses. You checked all of the fuses??

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
sounds like a couple of shorted wires in the flex joint on the door blazed multiple fuses..

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
sounds like a couple of shorted wires in the flex joint on the door blazed multiple fuses..

I was thinking it was something in the door because I would have to open and shut the door multiple times to get the radio and windows to work. Its been off and on for a couple months now. How do I check this joint out?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I was thinking it was something in the door because I would have to open and shut the door multiple times to get the radio and windows to work. Its been off and on for a couple months now. How do I check this joint out?

does the door ajar indicator on the dash stay on?
what about the courtesy lights?

as far as the wires from the pillar to the door, just pull back the rubber boot and visually inspect..

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back I have a new 1.5 month old little girl that takes priority. JL the courtesy lights do not come on either. The #35 instrument cluster fuse keeps blowing. I try to replace it and as soon as it touches it blows. Any help is great!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Anyone out there? Im leaving for a trip from Raleigh, NC to St Louis, MO on the 24th and need my dash to function! Any help is greatly appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58