No Fan?

BLUKTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have been contemplating removing my fan and operating the truck with no fan at all. I have heard of converting to electric fans, but I'm not sure if it is worth the effort since I live in a fairly cold climate. Are any of you running with no fan? If so, any overheating problems? Thanks in advance! Pete

Reaction score
Got a buddy down here in san antonio with a 95 and he's been running without a fan for years no problems even pulls his boat with no problems. That is in texas shouldn't have any problems with alaska.

BLUKTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, big rooster; i have been thinking that it wouldn't be a problem. I guess that there is only one way to find out! Pete

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
I have been contemplating removing my fan and operating the truck with no fan at all. I have heard of converting to electric fans, but I'm not sure if it is worth the effort since I live in a fairly cold climate. Are any of you running with no fan? If so, any overheating problems? Thanks in advance! Pete

I ran without a fan last winter, all winter, when the OAT started warming up I started to see the truck getting hotter then normal so I put the fan back on.

I always kept the fan and wrench in the truck just in case I needed it.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Many guys run fan-less without a problem. Only guys that have had problems seem to be the ones running the AC in stop and go traffic. Not much need for AC during the winter.

I am planning on removing my fan for the winter once I am done dragging the boat and camper around. Considering it is currently snowing outside I am thinking that next weekend will about be it.

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive thought of convertin my truck 2 the electric fans...ppl say they are worth it !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14