No Go

forddeerediesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Started the truck this morning, 35 degrees and pushed the go pedal and would not move the truck at all. I know in cold weather that everything moves slow, but it didn't even try. waited about 30 seconds and then it would move, but very slow. about 2 minutes it would move like it is suppost to. have seen this problem before on here but can't remember what the problem was. thanks for the help.
sorry 99 f-350 srw 195000, shimmed fpr, conical air filter, ccv mod, hutch mod, superchips tuner

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The engine would not rev or the torque converter would not engage?

If it is the engine giving you trouble you might try a little cold weather additive. #2 is normally good down to 15º so it should not be gelled up although it could be starting to cloud a little.

forddeerediesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the motor would not rev. and I am running B-20 which starts to gel a little warmer, and I thought of the additive this morning, but it was 33 degrees today and it took off like it was 80. The co-op is really good about adding additive before it starts getting cold, last year I run B-20 in my 93 MACK and when it was 0-10 degrees the truck fired right up and I never put any additive in it. I know apples and oranges, but same fuel.

dieselman44641

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
when it gets that cold all powerstrokes have a rev limiter until the motor gets warm enough it usually doesn't take but a couple of minutes for the motor to warm up. And you really should just get in the truck and go you should give it a couple minutes to get the oil through everything 15w40 is pretty thick in the winter

forddeerediesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Most of the time it does warm up, I just had to go and didn't have time to let it warm up. when it is going to get cold and stay cold it gets plugged in and stays warm. I have a snow plow and I am on the local fire and squad, so I never know when I need to go! just thought there was something that was talked about in here before that I saw that was a problem. thanks for the help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14