No Low beams

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
This has been one of my gremlin areas lately. I have to press down on the low/high beam controls on the steering column to get the highs or lows to come on sometimes.

Well now, I only have highs and NO lows. :rant

All fusses are good, both bulbs are good.

Trying to figure out how to remove this from the steering column, can't yet.

dpantazis

Reaction score
there was just a post on removing the stalk for turn signal repiars. look in the last 3-4 days of posts. you sure the bulbs are good? i'd try swapping out realys too. sorry i can not help you more.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Find my post on my turn signal cancelling mod. I was assured it was supposed to get posted in the WIKI, but it hasn't happened.

I showed step-by-step with pictures how to remove the turn signal switch from the column.

Gotta go, class is starting.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it's really easy to swap out a multi-function switch.. IIRC, four screws hold the cowling on the steering column together, four more hold the switch.

You shouldn't even have to pull the steering wheel.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help fellers. TG, I did think of your thread, but just haven't gone looking for it yet.

I removed the lower section of the steering column under the switch, but couldn't figure out how to remove the top section around the ignition switch.

The truck is at the dealer this morning to get a few other gremlins checked out.

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
BamaSixGun... I'm wondering if it ended up being the switch. I had no warning, no handle jiggling or anything. My low beams were on when I got on the freeway, and when I got off 5 miles later, they were OUT! It looks like a dimmer switch is a $75 - $100 venture, so I wanted to see if there was something else cheaper you found to be the problem. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14