No More Cruise

chewie95

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I did a search on any cruise control problems and came up with a great tech article in one of the posts....but before I tear my steering wheel apart I would like to ask some opinions.

On the same trip, without stoping, I used my cruise and no problems. I get into traffic and I slow down, cruise comes off as it should. I regain speed and the cruise won't set at all. My third break light and horn work. Any ideas of where to look before the steering wheel teardown? Thanks

Acetcruiser

Hello
Reaction score
ummm check all 3 brake lights....maybe the switch on the end of the master cylinder? the one thats a recall on the gassersbut not the diesels

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
speed sensor on the rear diff might be giving an erratic signal, just a thought.

chewie95

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. One symptom I forgot to add is, over the last week or so, I would have to hold either the ON or the SET button longer than normal for it to work.

I got spoiled by the cruise, now that it doesn't work it's driving me nuts.

Edit-I checked all of the above, nada. All lights work (the only light bulb not operating is the under the hood courtesy lamp-although cruise worked with it like that) One thing I did notice is my hazards, when turned on, start normal then go into a fast pattern as one of the bulbs is out. To note, the fast speed is not exactly like a burned out bulb, more of an increasing pattern then reset to start again. Weird. Will update if a cure is found. Thanks

Last edited:

chewie95

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I found the problem. It was the third break light which worked part of the time due to the rubber socket it's in being dry/cracked. The bulb would vibrate loose and lose connection.

Now to figure out the weird hazard lights situation.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14