Full Access Member
Reaction score
MERCON SP is the ONLY approved fluid for the torqshift 5r110...the
torqshift/5r110 is the automatic tranny that comes w/ the 6.0L

4r100's (7.3L autos) do NOT use mercon SP

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
To correct a previous post in this thread, Mark Kovalsky is no longer with Ford and is back on line. I personally asked him if the new stuff was OK to now use and this is what I posted in another thread on this site.

There is an expert named Mark Kovalsky that I met on line years ago that was a Ford tranny engineer. He no longer works for Ford but he says its now OK to use the new Mobil 1 because it has been reformulated. He has more knowledge about the 4R100 than anyone I have read. I would trust his statement that he wrote a few weeks ago on another site. He says, "go for it. Use it." On the other hand, I have 18 qts of the old stuff on my shelf and I probably will stay with it.
Jim

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I just got some moble ATF D/M. It was cheep and then it makes every thing in the drive line moble.

The Bottle also say that you can use the moble 1 (mercon V type) for the earlyer model requiering plain mercon for an improvment of performance.

I think I will stick with the plain mercon for now and see if anyone has problems with using mercon V here.-popcorn :roflmao :sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14