No more trans fluid...

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Last night was a disaster, Broke my truck good. I know that i need a trans cooler, (going to ford monday morning) but what is the other smaller black cooler infront of it? oil?? because its destroyed too. and where is the best (and fastest) place to get these parts.

Last edited:

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The small black cooler should be the OE power steering cooler. I would replace it with the OE cooler. (You can just loop the lines together if you need to drive it) Your truck should already have a factory transmission cooler, at least mine did. I found that the best thing to do is to get the biggest trans cooler that would fit and put it right out front just behind the grill. The aftermarket ones seem to be better than the factory ones. On mine I have an aftermarket trans pan and an aftermarket cooler which I run inline with the stock cooler as well. My aftermarket cooler has a fan on it which really helps.

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
well, I found that the bumper doesn't protect these very well. Now I am in the process of replacing them. I bought the factory power steering oil cooler, but found an aftermarket trans cooler that is bigger and about 1/4 of the price so I got it. now just have to put it all togather in the cold, wet, dark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl