no posi

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
showing off infront of a friend. i was only leaving one tire track. i changed the front and rear gear oil about 6 months ago with the recommended weight. why would i not be able to spin both tires.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
R U sure you have a posi unit in the rear end?

It was an optional item from the factory, ableit I think most trucks had that option.

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it used to spin both tires. i bought this truck in 03 with 120,000 miles on it. is there a code in the vin or is there somewhere i can look to see if i have this option. like before it used to spin both tires. thanks for the replies

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the tag on the pumpkin 3L73 (L=ltd slip)
did you put TOO MUCH friction modifier in it ?

it might need adjustment...as i understand they can
be "tightened up"

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have anything its limited slip rear end which is how it sounds limited. They have clutches and steels like an auto tranny with a spring in between that applys preasure. So when you turn they slowly spin different speeds so it slips but when you try and punch it the friction is supposed to spin both wheels but just like auto trannys these clutches wear out. Unless the newer ones are different theres no way of tightening one up out side of rebuilding it or possibly shimiming it

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
if you have anything its limited slip rear end which is how it sounds limited. They have clutches and steels like an auto tranny with a spring in between that applys preasure. So when you turn they slowly spin different speeds so it slips but when you try and punch it the friction is supposed to spin both wheels but just like auto trannys these clutches wear out. Unless the newer ones are different theres no way of tightening one up out side of rebuilding it or possibly shimiming it

Still the same;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58