no power steering or brakes!!!

SoCalPowerStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay ive replaced the ball joints on the knuckles cause they were bad, new power steering pump, new hydroboost truck will trun with one wheel off the ground but when both are on wont move and inch, feels like tring to twist a oak tree, hit the brakes and all it does is go to the floor, someone have some quick ideas or something i was supposed to be on the road 3days ago and already had to wait on the ford dealership and now this???

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You have got air in the lines. Jack up both front wheels and cycle the steering wheel back and forth from lock to lock many times. This will get the air out of the lines. Good Luck.

Dave

SoCalPowerStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i did that before and nothign ill try it again in the morning when i can get a better jack. and hopefully this works but also a good idea to bleed the brakes.

SoCalPowerStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no growling when it hits the locks but i dotn take it to the locks everywhere and all the pump manufacturers said not to lock to lock but i dont know. and its a new pump. but who knows this happened at 37401 or before so.....

Last edited:

SoCalPowerStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok jacked the front end up put her on stands and viola power steering goes easy left to right right to left. put her back on the ground and nothign. back where i started its gotta be something! any more ideas or am i just going to have to part her out......:(

and the only thing i did differnt is mount the cooler coing vertical instead of horozontal coud that seriouisly be my problem? and only reason i did that is becasue i upgraded to a jegs large capacity cooler instead of the costly tiny stock one.

and drove it around the yard and had power steering periodically adn sparaicaly every now and then was easy to trun then back to hard as a rock...

Last edited:

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
sounds like you need to jack it up again and turn it LOCK-LOCK MANY TIMES. Don't hold it at full lock, just take the wheel till it stops and then go the other way till it stops. Do this over and over then set the truck down and see what you got. May take a while, but it will work. I don't think the cooler has anything to do with it, especially if you said you had PS periodically. Definately sounds like there's still some air on the lines. Oh, make shure as you're blleding it you keep any eye on the PS fluid level and add as needed.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If this doesn't work, it is time to look at the pump, then the cooler. Something is slowing down the fluid. You should have pressure out of the pump. A LOT of pressure, like over 500 pounds per square inch.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58