no start after DP tuner install

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I'm helping a friend install a DP Tuner on his 95 PSD F250. After getting it installed, No start. His WTS light will come on but when he goes to crank, nothing. We took everything back out, recleaned the circuit board, and still the same thing. we removed the chip to see if it was something to do with it, and still no start.

anyone?

Last edited:

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
one thing i forgot to mention. we did not unhook the batteries. i told him to and didnt check myself before we started.

dpantazis

Reaction score
did you COMPLETELY follow the instructions?

check your batteries? really. you did disconnect them right?

are you sure the connector on the back of the PCM is seated correctly and fully?

JRJ04

Reaction score
also make sure the connector on the controller is connected and seated well.

Did you have the key's in the ignition? If the key was in the ignition, you very well could have fried the pcm.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
did you COMPLETELY follow the instructions?

check your batteries? really. you did disconnect them right?

are you sure the connector on the back of the PCM is seated correctly and fully?

no, we did not disconnect the batteries. yes, the PCM seems to be seated correctly.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
He's picking up a code reader today to see if it has connectivity with the PCM. If not, i guess he'll be looking for a new one. The guy hasnt worked on many vehicles and i should've watched him a little closer. I guess thats how you learn right?

Last edited:

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Fixed!!

Not sure what did it fellas. I'm guessing the PCM went into limp mode as stated at the end of the directions from DP Tuner.

We were waiting for one of our friends to show up with the code reader and were tinkering with some cosmetic stuff while we waited. I was going to unhook the PCM to let it set for a while disconnected to see if that would do anything, after backing out the 10m bolt 2 turns I turned to my buddy just for ****s and giggles, try to turn it over. It fired right up, so we unhooked the batteries and followed the directions PROPERLY! IT screams like a raped ape now. Thanks for all the replies guys. Don't know what me or my buddy would do without you guys.:hail;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim