Help Needed No start. Dead IPR maybe but I don't know...

Strokin_Early_99

Diesel Youngin'
Reaction score
I have a no start situation. IRP at 65% and ICP at 150-160psi while cranking. I have pulled the injectors and replaced the O rings so they are good. I am thinking it is an IPR issue. I have pulled the stealth pumps and blocked off the front IPR so it will not have to be removed again to diagnose a dead IPR. The shaft is fine, not broken. The pumps turn smoothly without any weird feelings or noises.

Is there such a way to bench test an IPR?

Is putting new O rings on an IPR the same as getting a new IPR?

Is there anything I can do to take the IPR apart and clean it?

If I throw an new IPR on the sucker and it will not start, what else could it be?

Thanks,

Howard

(Multiple listed)

Strokin_Early_99

Diesel Youngin'
Reaction score
It was the IPR. The truck is running.......

On 7 cylinders.......................
Cylinder #1 is dead. It will not hold compression and there is enough crank case pressure to blow the filler cap out of my hand. DAMN!!!!!

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there such a way to bench test an IPR? not that I know of

Is putting new O rings on an IPR the same as getting a new IPR? almost they are the most common failure point but there are machined tolerances that can be the cause of failure also

Is there anything I can do to take the IPR apart and clean it? yes but be careful

If I throw an new IPR on the sucker and it will not start, what else could it be? ICP

Answers to original questions in the event someone searches for an answer in the future.

Sorry to hear of the demise of your cylinder :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14