No start

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
My truck won't start after running long enough to be up to operating temp. Sarted and stopped it 5 times this morning and now no start. I drained a little out of the fuel filter and tryed again but still nothing. You can hear the pump run so it must be working. I wanted to leave the drain plug loose and run the pump but its sitting in a parking lot and had no way to catch the diesel that would of run out. Should I have pressure at the filter when I bleed it? It has been to the dealer for this before but no codes and won't do it for them. It starts after a few hours of sitting. Any ideas???? Ma's getting tired of rescueing me. lol

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Is it possible that once the oil is warmed up the HPOP system can't build the necessary pressure to fire the injectors? Maybe the oil rail plug o-rings have failed. This is a complete shot in the dark. Good luck and let us know.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Well it didn't start at 10:30 am and went back at 1:00 pm and it lit right off. Started and stoped it 3 times since and it fires right up. Beleive it or not but this has allways happened on Saterday when nobody is in the service dept at the ford dealer. Guess I just keep on driveing it till it has total failure. Wife is going to start chargeing me for all the times she has come to pick me up.

Believer45

Older than dirt
Reaction score
Mine had similar symptoms, started like new when cold but if it warmed up I could not start it. Not an intermittent problem, happened every time. I had to let it sit for 45 minutes or so if I shut it down when warmed up.

My issue was the injection pressure regulator O rings.

Is yours sometimes yes and sometimes no or does it never start when fully warmed up?

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Mine had similar symptoms, started like new when cold but if it warmed up I could not start it. Not an intermittent problem, happened every time. I had to let it sit for 45 minutes or so if I shut it down when warmed up.

My issue was the injection pressure regulator O rings.

Is yours sometimes yes and sometimes no or does it never start when fully warmed up?

Mine has allways been warmed up when the no start thing happens. Allways starts when cold. It is an intermittent problem. I'll let the service dept. know about the ipr o rings to see if that could be the problem. Thanks

chuck416ex

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
last nite turned truck off went to start about 10 min later and nothing.can jump the solenoid with 2 screwdrivers,but will not start with key.just put new solenoid on and same thing. checked all fuses with test lite,all test fine.any ideas?

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but my brother's F150 wouldn't start at times with the key, only by jumping the solenoid under the hood. Turned out to be the shifter indactor wasn't showing the computer it was in park, so it wouldn't let it start. Not sure how he fixed it, but that was his problem, if you played with the shifter it would start.

dale7637

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would put my money on the quick disconnect oil fitting. We have had a few pull the same issue. It leaks when the oil is hot and thin, but smartens up once the oil is cooled down and thick again. My 550 did the same thing in a drive thru. Try pushing that heavy lug out of the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58