No wrench light this time out

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 40 ft. camper out for the first time this season behind my 05 6.0, and after doing the blue spring upgrade in the fuel pressure regulator and completely unhooking the EGR conection I was able to go on a 500 mile trip with no light and shut down issues. I'm not sure which of these may have taken care of the problem but I have decided to leave the EGR disconnected, I just dont understand why I'm not getting a code flashing with it unplugged though, but I wont complaine just glad to pull with no issues

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the 04's you could unplug and get no light. You could have the 04 system in a 05. What the build date.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What year of truck?? Fill out your signature, so we don't have to keep asking. Go to "Quick Links", above and click on Edit signature and fill it out. :)

Dave

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never considered anything but my stock filters, I change air filters once a year and fuel filters twice a year, this is my 4th diesel the others being 7.3, I was just commenting on what has been discussed in the past on the wrench light coming on during towing and that with the EGR unhooked and the blue spring upgrade it didn't this time. Also at 70mph I was able to get 12-14 mpg with no head wind and 10-12 in the wind.
Not sure if my problem is solved but this is a good start for the others that were discussing this issue.

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never considered anything but my stock filters, I change air filters once a year and fuel filters twice a year, this is my 4th diesel the others being 7.3, I was just commenting on what has been discussed in the past on the wrench light coming on during towing and that with the EGR unhooked and the blue spring upgrade it didn't this time. Also at 70mph I was able to get 12-14 mpg with no head wind and 10-12 in the wind.
Not sure if my problem is solved but this is a good start for the others that were discussing this issue.

It was the EGR your valve is sticking. For some reason mine did the same thing only with the 5th wheel in tow lighter loads or no loads did not cause this issue for me.

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the EGR your valve is sticking. For some reason mine did the same thing only with the 5th wheel in tow lighter loads or no loads did not cause this issue for me.

I try to clean it every three months or so but it is easier to just leave it unhooked, we dont have emissions testing here so no big deal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58