noise at 20lbs boost

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've noticed lately that when i get around 20 lbs of boost i hear i lower pitched whistle coming from the engine compartment. could this be a boost tube leaking? any help is appreciated since i don't want to be stranded somewhere

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What does the boost gauge do when you get to 20 lbs? Does it still go up or dance around? If it goes up, it is not your intake tubes.

Dave

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will know if you have a boost leak, the boost will build slower than it used to. does it build as normal when until you get to 20 and make the noise? will it build boost past 20?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
it could be a boost leak, spray soapy water all around the joints and have someone power brake it to build boost, see if any bubble monsters grow. quick and easy way to find out if you have a leak, or not.....then you can move on to more expensive things :(

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree it could be a boost leak, but I would think you would notice it right away if you were driving the truck every day. I know when I installed my boost gauge and it had a minor boost leak, I noticed it right away with out even looking at the gauge. The soap will find it right away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg