noise coming from front axle wheel?

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ive been hearing this mud tire like noise, and i can even feel a small vibration coming from the drivers side wheel, when i make a left turn takes the weight of that side(drivers side) it goes away, as the weight comes back from the turn the noise is back, i thought it was the hub so i replaced the hub, same noise. i do have bfg's on all terrain, the tires are not it i always had same type of tire, by the way this happens at about 20+ mph. and gets noisier as you go faster. ive also check the 4wd locking hub and seems to be in good condition, i don't know what else it could be. please help if you had similar problems.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
OK, what do you drive??? Fill out your signature by going the the Quick Links Button, above. Click on Edit Signature and fill it out. This helps all of us help you.

Wheel bearings

Dave

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sorry, its a 03 f-250 4x4 superduty,crewcab,shortbed, 6.0l,4" lift, 305/75/16(34") bfgs all terrains, superchips programmer, afe air filter & turbo back exhaust.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had the alignment checked. Done a Tire rotation. I'll almost bet it's a tire alignment problem.

alex3012red

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
got it aligned, samething, did tire rotation (tires only have 3k miles on them)not it but found out by spining the disc up front that it was the the hub on the passengers side, so i put the one i took off the drivers side... bingo finally thank for your help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14