non serviceable plug on HPOP

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this thing really non serviceable?? I replaced the o-rings with the Ford kit, but now leaks from this plug......
Can I just take it out and get a correct o-ring to fit???
I dont really want to spend a grand getting a new HPOP installed if I can fix this stupid part! :dunno

Thanks
Mike

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the WIKIs and do a search on this site. I definitely remember finding the article on how to service this non-serviceable part! (I will look for it too.)

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I searched for "non-serviceable" on this site, and found 2 threads that say you can get a rebuild kit for a 6 port HPOP from International. The poster in both is "Punisher" but he's not been active since last June. I guess you are aware that the HPOP has to be removed to even access the plug...one other poster stated he used a copper washer.

Good luck. I got stuck with a re-manned HPOP a few months ago and am still smarting from the experience, at about $625 after some negotiating.

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I saw that stuff right after I posted, then I called the local IH dealer, and the only thing they had was the same 3 ring set I put in last week......
Oh well, it is at the dealer now after blowing a little oil all over my nice clean motor........Hopefuly my luck is better than yours has been.
Bastids!!!!

FIDO!

Mike

apextrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I went thru the same problem last year & had this discussion over on OB boards. I was told it was rebuildable but not worth it. I don't like to spend money but I went with a new HPOP from Ferd & the valley pan & my driveway have been oil free since.....

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir, I came to the same conclusion. Guess great minds think alike! :sweet
By the time I put another 150000 on it maybe someone will have brainstormed a solution!
I cant gripe too much, it's a good rig so far.

Hopefully wife's Duramax doesn't have one.... :watchout
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14