Non-stop fuel leak

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Howdy All,
I fuel leak that refuses to be contained!!!!

So far I have replaced:
Fuel pump
Lines from fuel bowl to fuel pump (no leaks)
Confirmed the fuel bowl is not leaking at any point
Replaced the fuel lines from the FPR to the heads (No leaks there)

Now it is leaking from the bottom of the engine. Is there a fuel line down there? It is coming from the drivers side of the engine and is so bad now that it is a light stream of fuel. At 3.29 a gallon I can not afford this :mad:

As soon as one leak gets fixed another springs up! What in the h*ll is going on!?!?!?!?!? Any ideas? Anyone else ever had an issue like this?

Thanks,
Craig

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Some guys seem to think that the new ULSD is causing leaks. Since I have a new leak the hunch may be true..

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Clean up the pond in the valley then add THIS to an almost empty tank and drive it. Then with a black light your leak will be VERY easy to locate.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Some guys seem to think that the new ULSD is causing leaks. Since I have a new leak the hunch may be true..

I have been chasing leaks on and off for about the last 6 - 9 months. This is beyond aggravating!

Craig

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Clean up the pond in the valley then add THIS to an almost empty tank and drive it. Then with a black light your leak will be VERY easy to locate.

Dang it :doh: I just filled up tonight after I heard a report how this weeks oil prices will be showing up in the near future at the pumps. seems like the closest place to me is in Georgia so I'll get in touch with them and see about getting a bottle.

Thanks to all y'all!
Craig

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Happee I got my bottle at the local Cat dealer. They had to special order it but was there the next day. Their service dept uses it all the time on their equipment. If your tank is full you'll need two 1oz bottles. It was like $6.00 for it but well worth it in aggravation saved. Just ask for fluorescent diesel fuel dye.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Happee I got my bottle at the local Cat dealer. They had to special order it but was there the next day. Their service dept uses it all the time on their equipment. If your tank is full you'll need two 1oz bottles. It was like $6.00 for it but well worth it in aggravation saved. Just ask for fluorescent diesel fuel dye.

THANK YOU SIR :sweet (Caps in this case mean enthusiasm and sincere thanks)
There is a local Cat dealer less than 10 miles away from me so I will pay them a visit. This route has got to be better than climbing all over the engine and banging knuckles trying to get to lines.

Craig

On a side note......Today I did score two immaculate front seats (driver side 4 way power + lumbar), center console, front bumper, and factory condition stock radio unit for a total of 400.00. Day was ruined thought when I pulled the truck into the garage and my 3 1/2 year old son says "Daddy your truck is going pee pee"

Might ought to have spent the money on a fuel system :doh:

Thanks again for the input

Craig

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Some other leak prone areas are the threads on the fuel restriction sensor on the FPR and the fuel bowl drain. If it's the drain you'll need two 202 orings which Ford or International won't sell. I have extras if you can't find them in Viton locally.

ON EDIT: You can pour one bottle directly into the fuel bowl for a concentrated dye glow.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58