Non-stop fuel leak

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Some other leak prone areas are the threads on the fuel restriction sensor on the FPR and the fuel bowl drain. If it's the drain you'll need two 202 orings which Ford or International won't sell. I have extras if you can't find them in Viton locally.

Would a leak here cause the fuel to come out on the drivers side of the engine by the firewall?

Craig

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Probably not. They would drip fuel under the bowl which would travel rearward to the valley. Maybe your banjo bolt or banjo bolt washers are bad. They are closest to the firewall. Or maybe the drivers side high pressure fuel line connection past the banjo?

Last edited:

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
I will be checking the fittings past the banjo when I get home. As for the banjo bolt and washers, I have inspected them as best I can using a mirror to look behind them and underneath them. They seem dry as a bone.

Also, I am planning on using the dye to detect where the fuel is coming from

Thanks again for all of the input and suggestions.
Craig

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
There are fuel line disconnects on the drivers side. Looking through the drivers front wheel well you can see the feed and reuturn lines with disconnects. Have you checked those for leaks?

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
There are fuel line disconnects on the drivers side. Looking through the drivers front wheel well you can see the feed and reuturn lines with disconnects. Have you checked those for leaks?

No, but I will after work this evening. Thanks for the input fellas.
Craig

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Howdy All,
After looking hi and low I found a loose connection, tightened it up and drove for a few hours w/ no leaks, and then stopped, truck was idling and the fuel started leaking again.

This time I think I have tracked it down to the black sensor on the driver side of the fuel bowl, it appears to be wet from that point down. Local dealership has them in stock so I reckon tomorrow I'll change it out.

I am beginning to think that I either have a fuel system that is shot and is slowly nickel and diming me to death or I have a pressure problem. I hope to check the pressure tomorrow. What are y'alls thoughts?

Thanks,
Craig

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
This time I think I have tracked it down to the black sensor on the driver side of the fuel bowl, it appears to be wet from that point down. Local dealership has them in stock so I reckon tomorrow I'll change it out.

I am beginning to think that I either have a fuel system that is shot and is slowly nickel and dimeing me to death or I have a pressure problem. I hope to check the pressure tomorrow. What are y'alls thoughts?

Well that's progress. :sweet
Checking the pressure has nothing to do with leaks.
Happee when my truck was down for 39 days with a clogged fuel line I lost all confidence in its fuel system. Once fixed the confidence returned.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
The saga / drama continues........
The moisture on the fuel bowl was coming from the o-ring of the FPR that leads into the small screen on the fuel bowl. Replaced that, got on the road and in about 45 minutes start smelling diesel. Pull over and the new o-ring has a geyser of fuel gushing out. Looked like Old Faithful, anyways, the Good Lord having pity on me, I had a second o-ring put it on and the leak stopped.

Drive about 30 feet check engine light comes on and about that time the truck shifts gears and it feels like I got rear ended, this continues as the truck changes gears. So 110 miles from home I have to limp back pulling a trailer.

Having said all of this what diagnostic scanner do I use the OBD - I or OBD - II? The truck is a 1995 model.
Thanks,
Craig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58