Normal Pyro Temps????

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a question for you guys. I have noticed a major difference between my two pyros, (attitude and Issopro), and am trying to figure out which one is having the problem. When you are cruzing at 60-65, what does your pyro guages read in temp?? I have noticed a 100 degree to 150 degree difference between the two, and quite frankly have not paid a whole lot of attention to what they normally have been at cruzing speed. I am assuming that the thermocouple for the attitude must be the problem, (the temps on that guage are really slow to change). But I just thought I'd check with you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Barrett

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
auto meter c2 egt mines right around 350 to 450 at normal driving driving 65 with head wind prob 500 lil more or less no wind 425 or so

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
my issopro is pretty darn fast to react for me
however
i seem to pull pretty close to the same egts on my 6.0 as i did in the 7.3

at 75 ish it hangs 650-750 at 10-12 pounds
and as of yet i cant get the 6.0 to punch through 1300 no matter how hard i work her
must need a tuner :roflmao

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
My autometer pyro has always been very slow to change. I don't know how else to fix it?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
My Autometer is fairly fast to show changes in EGT's. I would get a new guage and sender. It is probably the sender.

Dave

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so my Attitude guage is reading 550 to 650 at cruzing, my Issopro is reading 850 to 950. So my attitude has to be correct. Any guesses as to what the problem with the Issopro guage is? I'm guessing I should change out my issopro thermocouple first???? Or is there something that could cause a 200 degree difference between sides of the engine??? :eek:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Barrett

sik350

wuts bio-diesel?
Reaction score
Ok, so my Attitude guage is reading 550 to 650 at cruzing, my Issopro is reading 850 to 950. So my attitude has to be correct. Any guesses as to what the problem with the Issopro guage is? I'm guessing I should change out my issopro thermocouple first???? Or is there something that could cause a 200 degree difference between sides of the engine??? :eek:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Barrett

Attitude looks as if it reading correct. 850-950 is what i have when I am towing up a hill with my trailer.:thumbs

Reaction score
My attitude reads 850 all day long cruising down the highway. Next week i'll have my analogs in and i'll have the exact same set up as you so i'll be able to see exactly what yer talkin about. I'm gonna keep the atitude mainly for the turbo timer. That turbo timer is the greatest thing since individually wrapped
cheese slices.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on were they are getting there readings from. I just changed my autometer pyro from post turbo to pre turbo and noticed a huge difference in the way the pyro read and reacted. After I put it in the manifold I now see up to 1300 f and temps rise and lower much faster. Temps at 60 are still about the same tho which is usually around 450-500.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58