Not a good start (or not start)

zseese

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I bought my 04 f250 on Saturday the 21, then on Friday the 28th the alternator went out on my way to work. Had it towed back to the dealership who said they would fix it for free since it was less than a week old and that it would be done by close that day.

So I get there at 30 till close and wait, then about quarter after close the service rep I have been dealing with comes up and ask me if they can give me a loaner for the weekend (for free). I ask why, and it turns out that after replacing the alternator it won't start. So they have been chasing down an electrical problem since then. They believe that the alternator messed something up. But in the meantime I have been cruising a top of the line titanium escape with 1800 miles on it. It's a nice car but I miss my truck and still have no word.

To make things worse, I just got my new bt radio, proclip phone mount, scan gauge 2, and sinister bypass oil/coolant filter kit and they are all setting on my breakfast bar with nothing to be installed into. I think I heard them laughing at me last night. Or maybe I'm going crazy. Anyway thanks for reading me vent. Here's a pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441240465.538650.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel for you. Dropped my truck off Monday evening. Got a call today that the CEL came back on today on the road test. So another day without my truck.

zseese

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well she lives. The secondary problem was the fuel pump. Got her home today and installed my stereo and reverse camera. Grounded the parking brake wire because the wire I needed to access short and hard to reach and the video cable came with in-line leads to connect to the reverse lights and the turn on lead which was convenient. Also put on my pro clip phone mount which just clears the manual shift handle, as well as my scan gauge 2 and my eot/ect delta is 20-21 doing 70 on the highway, so bulletproof kit ordered. This is the most expensive 11 year old vehicle I have ever bought!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it may be $$$ but it sure is purty!

zseese

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just the one for now. I'll clean up all the sand from the river last weekend and take some more. Still trying to decide a name, hence all the trouble...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, I bet your family will enjoy it for a few years to come.
Doug

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg