New Member Not a good way to find this forum

playinatwork

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I had a horrendous event happen last night and now I need some parts and advice for my Super Duty. While towing a 8k pound boat down the FL turnpike last night a minivan decided to do a U turn in front of me. I managed to miss the idiot and not throw the boat off the trailer but I hit some of those construction barrels with the flashing lights on top. The idiot proceeded backwards on the turnpike for about 500 yards and then went into the service center like nothing occured. Now I have a broken headlight assembly, a busted convex mirror, a dented hood and fender and scrapes down the side of the truck. :rant Enough whining. Now I need to know the best place to get some aftermarket parts I need because I am thinking about doing the repairs myself. Should I replace these parts with stock or is something else better. Can I replace just the convex mirror or do I need to replace the complete towing mirror? Do I need a hood with a scoop? :sly Truck has 4" turbo back exhaust, cold air intake, and a program. Everything else is stock.

Powerstrokebloke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mate, I am in Australia, but have found ebay motors very helpful for finding parts that are not available here, as well as Tasca Ford, Domenic there has been sensational in assisting in getting parts, and very well priced.
Here is a link to their ebay store, which has a part number finder, very useful.

eBay Australia Shop - Tasca OEM Parts: Rims and Wheel Covers, Mirrors, Suspension and Steering

Good luck mate, hope this helps.

It says australia, even though its all in the US only because I copied it from my browser.

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
that sucks. welcome to the forum, i hope you visit and post often, however under much better circumstances.

as for the body parts, i have had great experiences with factory parts, and terrible experiences with aftermarket. that being said, i also get employee discounts at a ford dealer i once worked for, so i can afford the factory parts. im not sure where a good place to buy aftermarket stuff is, but im sure someone here will chime in.

GOOD LUCK!

atk

Reaction score
welcome to SDD....if you can afford them, stick with OEM parts. OEM parts usually have a better fit....

Last edited:

Powerstrokebloke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
welcome to SDD....if you can afford them, stick with OEM parts. OEM parts usually have a better fit....

I'll back that up, I unknowingly purchased a set of clear 03 front indicators that there non genuine, and they never lined up properly, were a poor fit, and annoyed me enough that I purchased another, this time genuine set to fit.

I am much happier now, and the fit is perfect.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD, man, that is a bad way to intro yourself.

Glad you are alright, there can be some NUTS on the FL turnpike at times.

I would stick with the OEM parts too if at all possible.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

playinatwork

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Too funny Keano

Yes there are some real doozies in South FL. My boat tips the scales at 11,700 without fuel. If I were towing it the story probably would of been different. I am going on a search for used parts now I guess. Any suggestions?

atk

Reaction score
Yes there are some real doozies in South FL. My boat tips the scales at 11,700 without fuel. If I were towing it the story probably would of been different. I am going on a search for used parts now I guess. Any suggestions?

there are people like that up here too...anyway, trying your local wrecking yards(junk yard). you can even try the section on this site...parts for sale, or even try posting something in parts wanted section....there also e-bay...hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58