Question Not Dezel related but...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've about Had It.. with DISH Network's HD/DVR recievers. Been through 4 of'm (maybe 5), in the past 3 years :rant:rant;

Channel memory dumps, internal DVR clock not in sinc with Real Time*, pixels going squirrely.. one just plain SMOKED it's dam* self..on and on

Any of you had these problems ??

What providers are you all with and what luck have you had with their equipment ????

:dunno

* Start/End times set at 0.. and System Default

Last edited:

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had DIRECT for about a year. Only 2 reboots........on 2 receivers..... But now the one in the living room only shiws me half of the tv shows on the guide page. Must come from the same factory.:lmao

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have had DISH for over 15 years and I have never had a hick-up. Three receivers (one now) and 5 LNB's and nothing went wrong. I have been very happy with DISH. I can't wait to get rid of COMCAST, in this rental and get back to dish!!!! Later this week. It has been hell.

Dave

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Joe,
i have directv. i think they are a little more expensive, but you know the saying. you get what you pay for. i think they have better HD programs and more channels. as far as Reciever's go, i have two and only had problems with one. it would freeze up when i tried to delete an old item out of the list. it seemed to fix itself though after being unplugged for a while. other than that they have been great. they have decent customer service. i took off from work to get my dish remounted after it was blown off from hurricane Gustaf, and the guy never showed up that day. i called and complained and they gave me $10 off my bill for a year.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had directv. I got tiered of the system. A rain cloud would come by and I'd have no TV to watch. It would not even have to rain just a cloud no TV for me.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx guyz ;tu

Dish is sending us a New HD/DVR.. not a reman this time. We'll see :dunno

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I've about Had It.. with DISH Network's HD/DVR recievers. Been through 4 of'm (maybe 5), in the past 3 years :rant:rant;

Channel memory dumps,Has happened once to me....very aggravating. internal DVR clock not in sinc with Real Time*, pixels going squirrely..Get them out to reaim the dish......you will be amazed. one just plain SMOKED it's dam* self..on and on I have had two or three die due to power surge.

Any of you had these problems ??

What providers are you all with and what luck have you had with their equipment ????

:dunno

* Start/End times set at 0.. and System Default

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have never had those sorts of problems, Tbar. My Dish 722 DVR works perfectly every time. Now watch it die...

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The initial 722 failure was a channel memory dump.. the 3 or 4 since then have All been ReMans.. so if anyone has 722 issues.. I'd say..git a little sidewayz with'm, and they'l send you new one, as a replacement.

Worked for me.. this time anywayz.

If you get "sidewayz", the "Off Shore" (limited english) person will transfer you to the Customer Loyalty level. Those folks have the Juice.. to make things happen.. to keep you Signed Up ?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Lance if you need the Dish antenna relaigned just shout bud:sweet

I have both services for various reasons but equipment wise I like Dish for the ease of use on the interface(very fast)

I been eyeballing the Dish ViP 922 slingloaded HD-DVR,it's only a single room unit but the interface is like nothing else I've seen to date.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=49756&d=1270612880 The 922 article is in PDF form.

Directv's interface/guide is slow as a snail,channel acquisition is slow.

Dish Network gear
ViP 722 HD-DVR 2.5 years no probs(cover off for max cooling)
GI 311 in the kids room about 5 years now
Dish 1000.2 antenna 110,119,129
Single LNB antenna aimed at 61.5

Directv gear
HR 21 100 HD-DVR almost 2 years(cover also off for max cooling)
Directv slimline antenna

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14