Not happy with MBRP System

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got the MBRP system put on last night. Only took 3 hrs.....because of that stupid downpipe!!! First off two of the hanger clamps didn't even come close to where they were supposed to connect. :cussing: Also, the MBRP is louder and has more resonance than what I had....which was straight pipe cut off at the back of the cab.

Any ideas?!?

Last edited:

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it probably is. We bent the pinch weld far enough to get the pipe in, but it does need more clearance. I will probably work more on it tonight.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
make sure the down pipe isnt hitting the cab!!mine shifted once and was touching the cab and holy crap did it drive me up a wall till i fixed it.

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure the down pipe isnt hitting the cab!!mine shifted once and was touching the cab and holy crap did it drive me up a wall till i fixed it.

I second the contact of the downpipe to the cab --- drove me nuts. I had to loosen the connection at the turbo to allow the downpipe to move freely. Climb underneath and using a pry (I used a 2 x 4 section) move the downpipe and wedge it between the contact point and the downpipe. Climb up top and tighten the turbo - downpipe connection. You may have to loosen other connections aft of the downpipe to regain alignment. I share in your pain.

Sorry to hear of your frustration - hope this works for you. Once the noise is behind you (no pun), I think you'll like the system.

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
yup I dont care what kind of truck it is the DP is one of the biggest PITA of all the mods you can do. but man it makes a sweet differance when its done

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear of your troubles with MBRP. That is what I have on my truck. I had another set of hands helping me with the DP. Hope it works out for you.

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBRP system is doing good now! My downpipe was slightly misalligned with the turbo outlet, causing it to leak, which in-turn, caused a really annoying whistle! Also, got the pinch weld bent farther out of the way, no more resonance.

Thanks for all your help guys!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I second the contact of the downpipe to the cab --- drove me nuts. I had to loosen the connection at the turbo to allow the downpipe to move freely. Climb underneath and using a pry (I used a 2 x 4 section) move the downpipe and wedge it between the contact point and the downpipe. Climb up top and tighten the turbo - downpipe connection. You may have to loosen other connections aft of the downpipe to regain alignment. I share in your pain.

Sorry to hear of your frustration - hope this works for you. Once the noise is behind you (no pun), I think you'll like the system.

ditto

mine to was a pita for a few weks till i got it all adjusted out
dont be afraid to rotate teh pipes
loosen the turbo clamp and all the fittings then get the 2x4 out and go to town

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14