Not Happy

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered a 6 postion chip from TS performance. Easy to install.:sweet Then hooked everything up and went to turn the knob to check different postions. Knob will move but has a bad grinding noice and does not move freely.:bs I start the truck and find the different setting starting with the HI and then moving on. Wife wants to go for test ride now that it is installed and truck is running. Get out on the main road in what I think is the 75 HP setting and hammer down. Truck feeling no different.:notwork Although when it shifts almost feels like the truck is defueling first.:cussing: But I did have them put in the firm shift program.

Go down the road aways and swith the truck to the 100 HP setting. Getting ready to smoke the tires down nothing.-mad Feels just like 75 HP setting which now that I am driving feels like when the truck was stock. :confused: Maybe just alittle more HP but not much.:rant :rant

Now it is time to try the 140+ HP setting. Tires will still not break loose, and the truck still feels the same. :doh: Watched the boost gauge and still sitting on 18 PSI no more.:censored:

I am going to be giving them a call today and telling them what is going on. Hopefully this problem will be fixed in a really quick manor. What do ya'll think? I really appresiate ya'lls comments. SDD is the best.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Then hooked everything up and went to turn the knob to check different postions. Knob will move but has a bad grinding noice and does not move freely.
I think there is where the problem lies...

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the switch is bad, or the little lock ring that makes it a 6 pos is miss aligned...

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called them today and they are having one sent right out. Hopfully it will be here quick so that I can play and see what everyone is talking about.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you mount the switch? If so, when you get the next one, or if you still have the first one, make sure its not to tight. You can put them in a bind when you tighten them down to much and it will jack them up. Just snug it up enough to keep it from moving when you turn the knob is all you need.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks T. That was the first thing that I did when I installed the swith I tighened it down and then backed the nut off half a turn. When it felt the same I pulled it all the way out and checked it and it felt the same when it was out. Glad to have you as a sponsor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58