Not real happy about mileage now!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I only run 45psi in mine but I am going for traction and ride more than mileage. Tires at maxx psi don't hook up that good on snow and ice.

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
In addition, I dont know that I beleive 19 mpg @ 80 either. Not that I dont believe you, I dont believe your trip comp. 16~17 sounds way more reasonable to me.......

I believe him. :) When I went to Indy this past summer for the PowerFeast deal – I kept track of my mileage for the complete round trip. I also kept the tank filled whenever I could since I didn’t know from day to day what I would be doing. So I had a lot of numbers to do hand calc’s with. My trip out averaging 80 mph – I was getting 20.7 (Interstate). When we left Indy to go to the Kentucky plant – we only drove about 60 to 65 mph. On the way back it was all around 70. Dropped down to 17.2
Left Indy and drove to parents home in Southern Indiana. Left there and did again – 80 mph back to Virginia. 21.3 – Hand Calc. :sweet

I can say this also – my truck drives itself better than I do. I can gain 2 mpg at least if I put the cruise control on. :dunno

Ron

GSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
I believe him. :) When I went to Indy this past summer for the PowerFeast deal – I kept track of my mileage for the complete round trip. I also kept the tank filled whenever I could since I didn’t know from day to day what I would be doing. So I had a lot of numbers to do hand calc’s with. My trip out averaging 80 mph – I was getting 20.7 (Interstate). When we left Indy to go to the Kentucky plant – we only drove about 60 to 65 mph. On the way back it was all around 70. Dropped down to 17.2
Left Indy and drove to parents home in Southern Indiana. Left there and did again – 80 mph back to Virginia. 21.3 – Hand Calc. :sweet

I can say this also – my truck drives itself better than I do. I can gain 2 mpg at least if I put the cruise control on. :dunno

Ron

WOW thats crazy!

But, it seems to be what I found, I have 285 tires, and they are close to needing to be replaced.

Not sure if it would help to go back to the stock size tires, but I was getting the 19 mpg with the 285's?? :dunno

CHPMustang

Reaction score
GSD said:
WOW thats crazy!

But, it seems to be what I found, I have 285 tires, and they are close to needing to be replaced.

Not sure if it would help to go back to the stock size tires, but I was getting the 19 mpg with the 285's?? :dunno
Our 285's go back on for the summer as yes our mileage increased over the stockers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg