Now I've got time....

tankerdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to install the Ford aux switches and other components to accomplish the high idle mod (among other things) and have everything be stock looking.

I know I saw some pictures on this forum that someone had taken using the Ford goodies, but I'll be jiggered if I can find them now.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

tankerdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the one.... thanks for finding it for me.

BTW, I found out that on of the part numbers referenced in the TikiWiki article isn't right.... I don't remember which one right now.

I'm going to get this installed over the weekend. I've got the packaging, so I'll compare numbers and post the results.

I found this out when I tried ordering the parts at the local dealer.

Like I said, one of the part numbers isn't right, and they sure as heck aren't no $56.00 on a non-existent web site. More like $176 and some change.

Oh well. Merry Christmas to me.

Thanks again Doug!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, and the price has gone up. I paid $68.00 for mine in 05 or 06 when I
put them in.
Found some used one on Ebay. Have fun, it's not hard to add them.
Doug

tankerdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after two additional trips to the dealer (one to return the CJB 'cuz they ordered and handed me the wrong part.... not even close to fitting, and one to pick up the correct part) I figured out the part number "problem".

To keep a long story short, the best advice I can give on the acquisition of Ford parts for the high idle mod is to have the dealer look up the correct parts based on your VIN. That's what turned out to be the problem with me getting the wrong CJB.

Otherwise, the parts went in smooth as silk. No problems. The write-up is very good, and what it doesn't specifically state as a "step" in the process, is obvious to anyone that knows how to turn a wrench. Stuff like running the wiring harness from the CJB.... write-up doesn't say where to run it and just barely says to do it. It does say, and has a picture of, where to plug in the harness on the back of the fuse panel. But like I said, when you're installing these parts, it's going to be obvious when it's time to run the harness over to the fuse box... maybe just a little clarification on WHERE to run the harness to keep it out of the way is needed.

Anyway, the high idle mod is done, and works as described. Sure lets the truck warm up quicker in this cool weather!

I'd post pictures, but the write-up has pictures and mine would just be duplicates.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Sorry about your troubles with the parts numbers and the link to the dealer that no longer is there. Perhaps when the move to new quarters is complete, I'll update the article and add an article or two about some other tweaks I've added to my truck. It's been a rough few years since I wrote that article, but at least I know now that the light at the end of the tunnel I am seeing is NOT the headlamp of an oncoming train...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58