OBD II Port -- No Workie!

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
I met with D. Wilson this afternoon (JOAT) to have him scan my truck for codes...Hooks up his laptop to the truck and they didn't "talk to each other." Hooked it up to his truck...and voila it works...back on mine again, no workie. :confused:

I tried pulling the chip out of the PCM, didn't make a difference. Any ideas folks???

Thanks,
Casey

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Just went out and check fuse for Cig. Lighter/Diagnostic Port (#16 - 15A Fuse)...and it was blown...replaced it started truck and it didn't blow...not sure why it did??? Anyhow...without have a scan tool handy, does anyone know a way to check to see if there is actally power to the OBD II port??

Thanks,
Casey

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
That may have been it. I thought it was the acc power outlet fuse, but could have been the lighter fuse.

Only thing obvious looking at the OBDII pinout. Bottom right pin if used would be 12 volts.

We can try the scantool again tommorow if our schedules permit. I'll try to remember the wiring manual...

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
:doh:

So much for trusting my memory....

My fuse label clearly says cigarette lighter and diagnostic port power:rolleyes:

I pulled the fuse on mine and the scantool lost connection. Guess were good to go for another try:D

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Good deal...i'll check that bottom right pin tomorrow for 12 volts but I am sure its fine. I'll see what my schedule looks like tomorrow, and let me know what yours is....Hopefully we can hook back up. I'm just glad that it was NOT wiring related!!

BTW, anyone else reading this thread...let me just say Don is one HELL of a guy...willing to go out of his way all afternoon on his way home from work to link up with me and give me a hand...Nice to meet somebody this ready and willing to help a fella out :sweet :thanks

I'll drop ya an email or a phone call tomorrow Don...Thanks Again!

-Casey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14