OBD II Scanners

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
As with most of you I am a DIY'er but with todays trucks like my '96 F350 PSD you really need to know how to pin point problems.
I have been researching OBD II scanners, I need on that is affordable but will do the job. I came across www.autoenginuity.com and would like to hear any feed back from those of you out there using it. Or, any other affordable scanner.

:thanks

NFA Fun

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Their software is great for me so far. I have only had it for a month but am very impressed. Beside scanning and clearing codes, it will actually run all the diagnostic test on your truck...the same ones the dealership uses.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the autoenginuity as well.

Jay pushes out updates semi regularly, so always check the website for the latest software. I think Im about 2 revisions behind because I dont have my laptop online much.

The autoenginuity was chosen by INTERNATIONAL as their choice of test equipment, so if its good enough for our engine maker, its good enough for me!

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
I have the autoenginuity as well.

Jay pushes out updates semi regularly, so always check the website for the latest software. I think Im about 2 revisions behind because I dont have my laptop online much.

The autoenginuity was chosen by INTERNATIONAL as their choice of test equipment, so if its good enough for our engine maker, its good enough for me!

:thanks :thanks :thanks

I didn't know that about International, that is great to know.

thanks again for your input. :cowboy:

Reaction score
Another vote for the Autoenginuity software :sweet - on the expensive side but man it does about every damn test you could think of - and then some. As mentioned the software gets updated so you need to check the site on a regular basis for updates to download.

Ron

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I sure like my EASE diagnostics program. I have the Palm setup and it has done everything I've needed from it so far and has been easy to use.
Jim

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
I talked with Jay yesterday, and feel that the Autoenginuity software is the way I am going to go. :sweet

Thanks for your comments.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14