OBD2 to I-pod touch Wifi! Cool

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
anyone seen the obd2 wireless for the IPOD! Looks cool. Wirelessly connects your OBD to the IPOD Touch or Touch phone.... PLX Kiwi Wifi... You can also buy additionsl sensors to read boost pressure and other things that the OBD won't give...... Nice thing is that you can take it easily from one vehicle to another... more research and time and I may get me one! I love my IPOD Touch... Especially when travelling... No laptop needed to access the internet and check e-mail............:sly

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
that would be pretty cool...
I don't have either device, though...

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link!.. I have the ipod touch.. (actually it's my wife's christmas present but we got a new laptop and it's now hers) Just like the iphone without the monthly bill. I use it in the bathroom during my morning ritual. (SORRY, TMI)I also have an application where i can monitor my web camera on my desktop from wherever i get wifi.... That's way cool! I can check on my house while i'm away..... I don't want to sound like a salesman for the Ipod touch but for a couple of hundred bucks you can do just about anything without taking the big old laptop and without paying a monthly cell phone bill. It's around 100 bucks a month for service for the iphone.....Just need wifi access with the touch....Does anyone out there have one in use with the Kiwi Wifi obd2 reader????

PLX Kiwi - Save Gas, Improve MPG, Drive Green, Reduce CO2

This is the link for the actual hardware.... The application store is where you get the software for the ipod.... This link also get you to the site for the additional sensors.....Boost.....Etc....

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like talking on the phone and driving aren't fun. All I need is a ding-dong playing with his truck motor with his Iphone and driving at the same time. :dunno

Reaction score
they just reduced the price of the touch down to $199 but they didn't include the camera like on the nano. I love my iphone. I've never had use for a touch cause i have an 80 gig ipod that i keep 50 gigs worth of crap on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14