Question OBS exhaust systems???

Brain's Diesel

Brain's 97 Diesel
Reaction score
OK, I'm not real good with this on line talk/tech stuff but here goes.
I have a '97 OBS F-250HD ext cab, long bed, 4x4, aod, manual transfer case w/ auto hubs, and 7.3L w/ S&B intake (The intake is my only mod so far).I just got my x-mas tips and gift money and I'm going to buy an exhaust system, stainless not aluminized steel. Big Q is which one to get. I'm looking at Banks, MotoBlue (RPM Outlet), MagnaFlow, AFE, and Diamond Eye Performance. I guess what I reaaly want to know is what exhaust do you have on your truck, how do you like it, how hard was it for you to install, why did you chose the one you have, and if you had it to do over would you still chose the same exhaust? Thanks for your opinions. Brian

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like MBRP. I have that on one of my trucks now. It was easy to install. Silverline is also a good brand. I had them once before. Just my opinion. Hope this helps. I am not familiar with Magnaflow diesel exhaust systems, Banks or any of the others. I do know Magnaflow does make good exhaust systems for gas vehicles dont know about diesels.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I installed a DPPI downpipe and put a pice of straight pipe in place of the muffler. It is free flowing and very inexpensive to do. Unless you are planning on big horsepower mods the stock pipe is fine once you free it up by deleting the muffler.

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats true. Crumm may know and correct me if i am wrong. i think stock exhaust is good for up to 300hp or so. and for 400+ you need 4"+. (i think)

Brain's Diesel

Brain's 97 Diesel
Reaction score
I found some old posts about exhaust w/ threads from DPPI person (Mark? i think) and he made a good point that by the time I buy a down pipe, and cat and muffler delete pipes I'm not far from a complete exhaust. I know I'll be doing other mods as I can afford and don't want to spend my money twice for the same thing. I really appriciate everyones opinion as it just helps me make my decision. I know I'll buy a complete turbo back 4" stainless steel exhaust. Just not sure which. Many of you seem to like Silverline, Diamond Eye, and MBRP. They all look good. Any other opinions would be helpful even if its home made like "Crumm" sugested in part or some other brand. Thanks Guys.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 4" turbo back on my '01 from Summit Racing. I believe they make them for the OBS also. Very happy with the system and the price. Mandrel bent and everything......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14