Question OD light flashing then stopped flashing

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 01 excursion 4x4 had the transmission OD light flashing last night, started shifting very firm. The tranny temp gauge was running about 138* ambient air was about 55* fluid is nice and pink and does not smell burnt, I use Schaeffers Oil. Turned the truck off and restarted it and all seems to be fine. I cleaned the VSS just for the heck of it and pulled the column apart and checked the little wire for chafing, there was none. Just wondering if there is something else to look for. Its difficult to diagnose as the problem has gone away for now. It appears to be shifting okay. I do have a Banks trans command installed but can find no relation to the problem. I did not notice if the light was flashing a code, I am not sure if they can do that anyways.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Flashing OD light usually means a transmission problem. Did you get the DTC code number?

Dave :)

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no I did not know it could give a code but i did not get it anyways.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Any time the OD OFF light flashes. The PCM will have codes stored.

A good garage, tranny shop, or Ford dealer can pull then for you.;tu

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
some 2wd trucks have an output speed sensor in the tailshaft..
but if you cleaned the VSS in the pig and now the light is off, have the codes cleared and drive it.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was wrong with the torque converter that it made your OD light flash??? I have not had the light flash since the original post so I do not know what happened i am trying to get the History pulled now by a shop,

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I have finally gotten the code out of the computer it is P0702-2-3, I can find no information on this code, anybody seen it or know what it means????

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
P0702 - Transmission Control System Electrical, P0703 - Torque Converter/Brake Switch B Circuit Malfunction. This is the entire code description. The codes are NOT verbose in stating what is wrong. Experience is a value here.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58