Question OD light flashing then stopped flashing

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to banks and they say that i should not run the transommand and the shift kit together as it would produce a harsh shift. I have run the two together for over a year now and never noticed any overly harsh shifting, but i am a fan of positive engagement not slushing into gear. Anyhow i pulled the transcommand just to see what might happen and it does shift more stock now (slushy feeling) I have not had any other lights since the first time so I guess i will keep driving it nothing else I can do anyways. The temps are running about 130 9in the pan sensor) which is the same as it has been since having it rebuilt 2 years ago. I am all out of ideas as to why it happened>

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Personally I would toss the Banks stuff, and readjust the accumulator body.
Depending on what shift kit was used. TranGo drill the calibration plate hole bigger. Sonnax or other kits change the springs.

Other options would be a JWoods, BTS or RacerX valve body (accumulator body)

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Had the same problem on the wife's 2004 E-350 Powerstroke 6.0. Dealer replaced the transmission temperature sensor.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all, I have taken the banks out and am exploring a Woods valve body, waiting on some info from Woods.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay well I Have been driving the truck with no lights since i first posted this, now today i get the OD light flashing and i have 2 codes. P0702 2-3 shift malfunction and P0733 3rd gear error. I believe i have an electronic problem not mechanical, anybody have any thoughts on that.
I removed the banks transcommand about 2 weeks ago, but the tech support people said that all the transcommand combined with the shift kit would do is make it shift hard, which i don't believe that it ever did. Anyhow the latest light is without the banks product.
Looking for a direction to head here if anybody could offer up.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
2-3 shift error is a sign of a faulty SS1 shift solenoid.

Check the connector for damage or corrosion. If its soaked with ATF, the pack is shot.

If everything looks good, the solenoid could on its way out. You will need a new pack.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay been working alot and have not had a chance or the knowledge how to check the shift solenoid, Anybody have a picture of this thing, i am pretty mechanical but have never done trans stuff. If it us under the pan and i can see it i will drain out the expensive Schaefers oil i run and see if i can fix the solenoid. It has been flashing a code about once a week now for 3 weeks and its the 2-3 shift code i used above. I am hoping its a electrical fix. I just finished paying the credit card off that paid for the rebuild 2 years ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58