OD "off" light flashing

TSD73

SDD F.N.G
Reaction score
What does this code mean?? Trans is shifting normal,if I shut it off and start it again sometimes it goes away.
2000 250 with superchips 4" turbo back and open air box installed:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The flashing OD light is telling you that there are codes in the tranny control module. Get the codes and find out what is wrong with your transmission. You can go to a tranny shop or the dealer, to find out the codes. Do NOT go to Auto Zone or any other parts store chain for the codes to be read. Their code readers will NOT read our trucks, no matter what they tell you.

Dave

Dave

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the rear abs sensor in the rear diffferential housing. If you notice, when that light is flashing, your speedo doesn't work. Mine did the same thing...$10 part and 15 minutes.
Jesse

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the rear abs sensor in the rear diffferential housing. If you notice, when that light is flashing, your speedo doesn't work. Mine did the same thing...$10 part and 15 minutes.
Jesse

What Jesse sez.

The part he refers to is commonly called: Vehicle Speed Sensor, or VSS.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
What Jesse sez.

The part he refers to is commonly called: Vehicle Speed Sensor, or VSS.

I have replaced these in 2 Econolines that had the same symptoms. I also replaced the overdrive switch to be sure, but they both have been fixed for about a year now with no re-occurances. :sweet

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Mine recently did this. Took it to the dealer and turned out that the whole instrument cluster needed replaced. $570.

TSD73

SDD F.N.G
Reaction score
abs sensor today

Speedo still does work when it's flashing..........going to try the abs sensor today and go get the codes,,,,,,,I know guys at the Dealer,thank God

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl