OD Off light - On-Off with Brake??

389sixpack

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here's a new one to me. Today I had pulled the PCM and replaced the F5 DPT cable with the shielded one. Engine runs fine. I do Key-On-Engine-Off and the Overdrive Off Light comes on and switch doesn't function. Now when I start, the OD light is on, and button doesn't work, but every time I step on the brake, it will cycle OD on or off, and the OD switch still does not work.

Wondering if I knocked something out or have a misconnect somewhere? I did have a hard time getting my large arms & hands down to the fire wall connector - maybe a wire on the master cylinder or main harness?

Any ideas where/what to look for?

389sixpack

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update. No bent pins. No codes in AE that I could relate to this, I think. There is a B1840 - Wiper Front Power Circuit Failure code, but my wipers and washer operate fine. I also have a B1869 - Lamp Air Bag Warning Indicator Circuit Open, but on start up the Air Bag lamp lights and then goes out. And I have a P0603 - KAM error. I still need to put some more miles on it to clear the P1000, and then I'll try again.

So here it is. If I drpress the brake with significant pressure (not a clear CC tap) it will toggle the OD light on and off with every hard press. If I hold the brake pedal down hard, the OD switch functions properly. Once I release the brake pedal, I no longer have a functioning OD switch. Everything else on the truck seems to function properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58