OEM back up camera

azrhino

AZRYNO
Reaction score
i have a 2008 f350 that i installed a kenwood headunit and kenwood back up camera, the camera was mounted on the bumper. i then noticed that the new trucks have a camera holder built into the tailgate lever. i bought the tailgate lever but the kenwood camera does not fit. can anybody tell me or give me a part number to a camera that Ford uses to fit into the OEM opening on the tailgate handle. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
i have a 2008 f350 that i installed a kenwood headunit and kenwood back up camera, the camera was mounted on the bumper. i then noticed that the new trucks have a camera holder built into the tailgate lever. i bought the tailgate lever but the kenwood camera does not fit. can anybody tell me or give me a part number to a camera that Ford uses to fit into the OEM opening on the tailgate handle. Thanks in advance.

I have a friend who just bought a '08 King Ranch F-250. His camera is mounted in the license plate frame.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who just bought a '08 King Ranch F-250. His camera is mounted in the license plate frame.

thats not the factory location....the factory puts it in just
under the tailgate handle and aims it down.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
thats not the factory location....the factory puts it in just
under the tailgate handle and aims it down.

You may be right, I dunno. I can tell you that his monitor is integrated into the rear-view mirrow. The monitor is invisible until you put the truck in reverse, then you see it in the mirror. If that isn't a factory install, his mirror may be after-market also.

I can tell you it's pretty cool!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is VERY cool, would love to have one...but the 1st thing id
do is over right that reverse & put it on a switch ;)

Ford Backup Camera

Last edited:

Nebraska

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
One of the cooler options that have been released recently!

I'm with you Bush, I've had others ask about that too... Just put in a switched power on the reverse circuit and you can have reverse camera when you like!

peterspca90732

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
F450 Backup Camera

I really like the backup camera on my Job2 F450 but would like the added convenience of being able to turn it on when moving forward (e.g. to check on my trailer, traffic, etc). Does anyone know if the factory system can be aftermarket wired (preferably to one of the uplifter switches) to accomplish this?

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
You should be able to just send power to the mirror. I believe the camera is always on.

Scott

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I have to work tomorrow. If I have time I will take a look at my camera. I just installed the new tailgate last night. Camera might not get hooked up for a bit but I have figured out the wiring. I just need a monitor that takes an RCA input other than the 13" tv in the garage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58