OEM Wheel-HELP ASAP

dirttysouth

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an '04 F250 Diesel, it is the striped work truck version with 16" steelies and hub caps

These to be exact:
006.jpg

I am wanting to step up to 17's and was going to get aftermarket ones, but found a good deal on some OEM so I got them instead....but after closer inspection I am not positive they will work on the truck. The guy that I go them from bought them just for the tires that were on them and all he could tell me about them was that they were off of a late model F250 Lariet, I don't know if it was a 2wd or 4wd, my truck is a 2wd...It looks as though the backspacing may be different and the calibers may hit the rim in the front. I don't have a jack big enough to lift the truck so that I can test fit them and I am wanting to get them put on this week so I need to know before I take them in if they will work or not...So if anyone can tell me if these will work on my truck I would greatly appreciated :)

007-1.jpg

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have rims for at least an '05 or newer and iirc the backspacing is different. You will need to get a spacer in order for them to fit.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
If your 16" wheels clear I can't imagine 17" wheels hitting. You don't have the jack that the truck came from the factory with?

dirttysouth

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
On the 16" wheels the calibers set outside of the wheel, because of the backspacing difference the calibers would have to set inside of the new wheels. I have the factory jack, but none of the rods that go with it :(...and I build bagged vehicles so all of my floor jacks are low profile and don't get enough lift....Sucks that the wheels won't work, guess they'll go on eBay

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try looking around for spacers, I know they can be found. You might try ebay or maybe another member here has been down the same road and can help you out with a supplier.

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need OEM wheels from a 99-04. The Offset is different on the 05+ trucks. Wheels from a 99-04 will fit on an 05+ but wheels from an 05+ will not work on a 99-04 without spacers.

The wheels in your pics are DEFINATELY off of an 05 or later.

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
and by the way, you did not mention how much you are looking to get rid of them for? just stating they are going to ebay!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58