Off Road Lights???!!!!

CrAacKker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stroke has a 4 inch lift on 35s. So the last 2 nights I have had some jack azzs flash their hi beams at me. So tonight some lady in a camry flashes her lights at me like 2 or 3 times so I just left my brights on her.

So I want to get 3 KC's going across the front of the ranch hand grill guard, so next time some slap d*^$ wants to flash their lights at me......I am going to DAYLIGHT Their a** and flash the KC's at them!!!!:thumbs As you can tell its been a rough day.

For the guys out there that have the off road lights, is there any of them you would suggest that are decently priced. I am going to start looking tonight.

Thanks

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I've got PIAA 520 yellow fog lamps mounted under my bumper. Sure I like to drive with them on while on a dark country road...fog or no fog, but I get flashed often. I flash 'em back with my brights (and fog lamps still on). The fog lamps are great. The beam is wide angle so I see both sides of the road and more...in yellow. I mounted them as low as possible for severe fog conditions.

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
CrAacKker said:
My stroke has a 4 inch lift on 35s. So the last 2 nights I have had some jack azzs flash their hi beams at me. .....I am going to DAYLIGHT Their a** and flash the KC's at them!!!

Did you install the lift and tires? Just curious, have you checked to see if your lights are properly aimed for the added height?

Have you ever been in front of 3 Daylighter's? Not very fun. Hopefully if you do this, the person will be watching the whiteline on their passenger side and not your lights! Hate for them to get blinded and cross the yellow line into your lane, also better make sure there's no law enforcement around.:rolleyes:
:2c

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights

roosterdiesel said:
Did you install the lift and tires? Just curious, have you checked to see if your lights are properly aimed for the added height?

Have you ever been in front of 3 Daylighter's? Not very fun. Hopefully if you do this, the person will be watching the whiteline on their passenger side and not your lights! Hate for them to get blinded and cross the yellow line into your lane, also better make sure there's no law enforcement around.:rolleyes:
:2c
I go along with every word RD says. Not everyone is 26 years old and has good night vision. I used to keep a bag of steels balls beside my seat for people with bright lights coming up behind me and not dimming them.
So please check the aim on your lights that they don't blind on coming traffic. Also just take my word for it that you don't want to turn them on a DPS Trouper on highway 59 in Texas.:( :( :sorry

CrAacKker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the truck like it is, lifted with the tires. I understand you guys are saying, I am not just going to light everyone up just for the hell of it. Like I said, it was a rough day.

jpxj94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Agreed, if your head lights are aimed right you shouldn't get flashed all the time. Look at my picture. I am sitting on 12"s of lift and 38's. My head lights are 56" from the ground 9" over legal limit in texas and I never have any problems with people flashing me

CrAacKker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jpxj94 said:
Agreed, if your head lights are aimed right you shouldn't get flashed all the time. Look at my picture. I am sitting on 12"s of lift and 38's. My head lights are 56" from the ground 9" over legal limit in texas and I never have any problems with people flashing me

So I need to aim the lights up?? If your not careful adjusting them you could have some crooked lights real quick. Over adjust one and them not being even. I have never tried this before, it seems as though it would be a very small adjustment. I would be worried that I wouldnt adjust both lights evenly.

jpxj94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Pull up to a flat wall or garage somthing like that, so you can tell where you are moving your light, and adjust them down. There is a side to side adjusting screw and a up and down screw so they are only going to go where you put them. it has a little torx bit head on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14