rant Oh g*d d**m it

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
When mine rusted out, my mechanic found this out and got peeved. Called someone he knew in the service center and was somehow able to get just the backing plates. So I suppose if you have a trusted mechanic who is in good with someone, they can be had.

Dorman sells the backing plates.. but there's no levers in them..
the lever is this two-piece jack-leg setup.. according to the Ford dealer I call from at work, you can look it up three ways.. the shoes, the backing plates, and the caliper bracket.. all three pieces supersede into the same part number, which is the assembled unit... left side, $348, rt side $352

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Dorman sells the backing plates.. but there's no levers in them..
the lever is this two-piece jack-leg setup.. according to the Ford dealer I call from at work, you can look it up three ways.. the shoes, the backing plates, and the caliper bracket.. all three pieces supersede into the same part number, which is the assembled unit... left side, $348, rt side $352

Have you tried looking up the part number on E-Bay? I've saved some significant $$$ on the same part off E-Bay vs the dealer.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
he meant until I get it fixed...

I gutted it and went on my way for now.. I have the new parts, I've just been "otherwise occupied" as of late..

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Nice older couple at the track this weekend are now stuck at the track this week. Thankfully they where pulling their nice brand new 5er RV to stay in while the truck gets fixed. At the gas station right in town the man had to dash into the restroom and had the lady fill up. She filled it with gas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58