Oh where oh where do I start mods?

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
Ok, everyone needs a starting point. Best bang for the buck! Where do I start on the stock 03 6.0 with 34, 000 miles..... Best economy! and performance:confused:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no need for an intake (the factory one flows plenty)...
the exhaust (mbrp) cat back (w/ cat delete) will give you
a cooler towing truck.

add the gauges, EGT & Trans @ a minimum. (boost for fun)
and add a coolant filter (if you havent already)

firesoutmatt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, everyone needs a starting point. Best bang for the buck! Where do I start on the stock 03 6.0 with 34, 000 miles..... Best economy! and performance:confused:

On an 03 6.0 I would be very leary with mods . Looks like you have a good one and the history with the 03's I would rethink mods .

Gauges is a good idea to start with .:goodluck

Shadow_Grey

Comfortably Numb
Reaction score
Greatest Nation on Earth! You don't like it, LEAVE
What are you looking to do with your truck?
I agree. First you need to explain to the forums what you want the truck to do that it isn't currently doing. Then what you want it to do above and beyond the stock configuration.

I would first put air bags in the back. That way when you haul the camper you can inflate them to level the truck. I also would be leary of heavly modifying an '03:sorry . I would go so far as exhaust and gauges (Boost, EGT, Water Temp and Tranny Temp.) but if I got a tuner for it I would NOT run anything but an SCT tuner with economy tune or towing tune. That should be plenty enough for it when hauling the camper. It also does the tune for the transmission.

My thoughts only, but if you want a racer go out and buy one (3K-4K# vehicle with 400-500hp racer). Don't think you NEED an 8000# race truck without paying the price of broken parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14