rant Oh yes! OH NO!!!

dpantazis

Reaction score
friss-

that sucks! the running joke we have is how fords break windshields on their own. sometimes you just look at them funny and they crack.

a friend bought a new transit connect, the euro style kombi wagon deal, and ON THE WAY HOME the windshield broke. she turned around and drove it right back to the dealer.

let us know if you need help getting one shipped over. that may be your only option. PM if you need.

notice the one you listed was for local pickup only in manitoba, canada?

dennis

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
friss-

that sucks! the running joke we have is how fords break windshields on their own. sometimes you just look at them funny and they crack.

I might just have looked a lil' bit funny!! :) And after the crack in the glass I yelled something not to be repeated :innocent

a friend bought a new transit connect, the euro style kombi wagon deal, and ON THE WAY HOME the windshield broke. she turned around and drove it right back to the dealer.
:eek: Whoa! In Denmark we call that a "monday model"! (I don't know if you have that expression but the meaning is that it's a specific unit that was produced at a bad time resulting in a lot of flaws.)

let us know if you need help getting one shipped over. that may be your only option. PM if you need.

notice the one you listed was for local pickup only in manitoba, canada?

dennis

Thats great to know, Dennis. Yeah I noticed it was pickup only, but it was more to get a pricing idea. We'll see what I figure out. Anyway the truck passed inspection, and will not be required to go through another before 2013, so at least I got some time before replacement will be mandatory. :dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friis do you do have a ford dealer in Denmark? If so they could order a OEM windshield. It's still going to cost some buck to get it there.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I had a VW that was built in Westmoreland, Pennsylvania, I needed parts for it when I was stationed in Germany. The Euro VW and the U.S. VW are different, but the dealer got the parts, and it wasn't outrageously priced.

There are Ford dealers all over Europe. GM sold Chevys, Buicks, and GMC in Switzerland when I lived there. A dealer should be able to get the part for you.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friis do you do have a ford dealer in Denmark? If so they could order a OEM windshield. It's still going to cost some buck to get it there.

I had a VW that was built in Westmoreland, Pennsylvania, I needed parts for it when I was stationed in Germany. The Euro VW and the U.S. VW are different, but the dealer got the parts, and it wasn't outrageously priced.

There are Ford dealers all over Europe. GM sold Chevys, Buicks, and GMC in Switzerland when I lived there. A dealer should be able to get the part for you.

Yeah, I know that Ford Europe is HUGELY different from Ford US. They sell puny cars over here! But its worth a try. Thanks! ;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....

Wunder if there's a difference in shipping cost.. FROM the US, TO Denmark,, verses.. To Denmark, FROM the US ? :dunno

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....

Wunder if there's a difference in shipping cost.. FROM the US, TO Denmark,, verses.. To Denmark, FROM the US ? :dunno

Might be with some companies, but I don't think with the major ones as they seem to use some international standard of measurement/weight to calculate the cost.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phew! Just got the word today that a replacement windshield here in Denmark will cost me around 1000 $ including mounting. That is actually a lot less than I feared. Thanks all...

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Phew! Just got the word today that a replacement windshield here in Denmark will cost me around 1000 $ including mounting. That is actually a lot less than I feared. Thanks all...
That sounds like a deal. I drove a Volvo 7 series estate (station wagon in Americanese) while I was stationed in Europe, THAT was considered a big car by most! I needed it with a wife and four kids at the time.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a deal. I drove a Volvo 7 series estate (station wagon in Americanese) while I was stationed in Europe, THAT was considered a big car by most! I needed it with a wife and four kids at the time.

Yeah that's the nice thing about owning a Superduty in Denmark... It's a real head turner even though bone stock :D
Other than a few Dodges and Chevys there hardly aren't any full-size trucks here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14