Oil Bypass System

jimmy28303

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hello, this is my first post here and I am a new Superduty owner. I own a 2010 F250 6.4L. I am not really interested in tuning and making the truck super fast. I want to drive this truck till the wheels fall off...............then by new wheels and drive it again. I am interested in making the truck last as long as possible and some fellow diesel owners told me that a oil bypass system by amsoil would help a lot. Has anyone ever used one of these? It appears that there is no room under the hood of the 2010 for ANY additional parts. Just looking for some info on installation or if you have one, do you think it helped? Thanks

vailcomp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 6.0 with 110,000 on it. You have heard of all the problems with this engine. I installed a bipass at 7000 (FS2500) installed under the drivers side on the frame- it is out of the way-protected. I think it works- as I can push my oil changes to 7500 and the oil is still clean and most of all I have not had any problems- I have friends that got out to 10,000.
Another friend has the Ansoil unit in his 2004 6.0 and has worked well for him. I also have the collant filter- check it out.
Good luck

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello, this is my first post here and I am a new Superduty owner. I own a 2010 F250 6.4L. I am not really interested in tuning and making the truck super fast. I want to drive this truck till the wheels fall off...............then by new wheels and drive it again. I am interested in making the truck last as long as possible and some fellow diesel owners told me that a oil bypass system by amsoil would help a lot. Has anyone ever used one of these? It appears that there is no room under the hood of the 2010 for ANY additional parts. Just looking for some info on installation or if you have one, do you think it helped? Thanks

First of all :SDD This is the site to ask questions just like yours. Plenty of knowledgeable people on SDD.

I think it works- as I can push my oil changes to 7500 and the oil is still clean and most of all I have not had any problems.

When you say clean do you mean looks like new oil instead of being black or what??????

jimmy28303

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just double checked my owners manual and my oil changes are only required every 10000 miles unless operated in Extreme conditions (extra dusty, excessive idling, etc) then its every 5000. Thanks for the idea though of where to mount it. With amsoil's oil analysis, where i can send in a oil sample and they will tell me all the details and if you should change it I was hoping to get many miles in between oil changes.

vailcomp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Smokey to answer your question the oil is clean-honey- not black @ 7500miles. Different engine. I have had many diesels and I know the difference.
My buddy has the same truck and has the Ansoil filter unit he mounted under the hood- his also works well. We both have the 6.0. I can't answer relative to the 6.4.
I think it is worth the money and return. Both units work.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 but secondary Oil and Coolant filtration systems, are the best two mods out there, to prolong the service life.. of our engines.

They're worth every nickle.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58