Oil Cap

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this happen to their oil cap:eek: . I had the oil changed the other day and the mechanic did not tell me about it. I opened the hood this morning and saw this. sure was a surprise to say the least.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's messed up... did it have any marks on it before, the white ones included?

I'm wondering if they didn't set it off to the side someplace and someone else was welding and it caught some slag and melted... It went from normal to this, in how long?

bigtrxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess its from the heat because i replaced 2 on my 03! At first i though maybe there was somekind of animal chewing on it,but after changing it twice the only thing that i could think of is all the heat from the engine.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like thay droped it on the exuast my friend did the same thing to his X. I changed mine to a chrome one I found on ebay and gave him my old one.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Its from laying the cap on the largest flat surface available during an oil change. The battery.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Maybe it actually belongs to the guy who did your oil and owns the same truck. Since he wrecked his! He swapped for your's.

That's my conspiracy theory
-popcorn

Reaction score
So yer sayin we need to wash our batteries off with coke before we get the oil changed. I agree with bama thats exactly what it looks like .

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The cap on our '02 is starting to flake in similar fashion,could be the heat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14