oil change

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, he was asking about an engine flush product, like Rislone or Gunk..

now that non-detergent oils have pretty much disappeared, I don't think they're necessary.

Thats what I was saying....that he was saying....:dizzy

Never heard of that, but nice to know.;tu

surreyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ball joints

well thanx alot guys for everything . i have one more question & its not about the oil , this is probably a real STUPID question but im planning a trip real soon from alberta to bc (aprox 1200 kms one way) & my upper & lower ball joints are starting to go , not a good idea ??? i want to hear "aawww , no worries" but i know thats not what you guys will say . i want to pull my boat to do some salmon & crab fishing & my quad to run through the mountians . thanx again guys

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has 60+ miles on it and I just had the upper and lowers replaced a few weeks ago.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What do you drive and the miles? Give us a clue...
Your ball joints will not fail, unless you have been abusing them for a few years. They will continue to get looser and you may end up with the Death Wobble, or shaking of the steering wheel that can't be stopped, unless you stop the truck. Trashes tires quickly.

Dave

surreyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you drive and the miles? Give us a clue...
Your ball joints will not fail, unless you have been abusing them for a few years. They will continue to get looser and you may end up with the Death Wobble, or shaking of the steering wheel that can't be stopped, unless you stop the truck. Trashes tires quickly.

Dave

i know this is getting off the original topic & i apologize . i didn't do the trip , i did however head a local parts shop & tried to buy the upper & lower ball joints , the guy behind the counter said something about "control arms" ?? that threw me off cause i don't have control arms , i have leaf springs . he couldn't find the right truck . could some one please tell me what the part numbers for the upper & lower ball joints are for a 1997 f250 HD 4X4 ext cab long box 7.3L 5 spd ? thanx again to every one for all the great help.
oh & its got 360,000 kms & running strong !! ill try to upload some pics soon

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58