oil consumption

z28drag

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have a 2001 f250 7.3 powerstroke, completlly stock with 150,000 miles..for some time now my truck has been drinking about 2 to 4 quarts of oil every 2,000 to 3,000 miles and there is no oil leaking any were on the floor. i have changed the o rings for high pressure pump some time ago and also see no oil....does anyone have an idea of were i should look or start.....:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Do you see any white/blue smoke? If the oil is not leaking, it must be burning and you should see the smoke. Smoke at startup?

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
x2
it either leaks externally or goes down the tailpipe...

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
I believe shreckman had a similar problem, only much more serious. He's not the only one,but his case was the worst I've heard of, and it as I understand, was a bad injector that was bleeding off alot of oil. Hope that's not your problem, but it's something to consider.

z28drag

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i do not have any smoke coming out of the tail pipes,
i have a felling that it might be the turbo or the injectors......but wahat gets me is that the trucks still pulls and has with power.......

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
if it takes that long to loose it, it still may be the injector o-rings starting to go, just not enough at one time to notice whitish/blue smoke. When my o-rings on my 94.5 went it pushed oil into the fuel filter bowl, you could check that, if its mixing with diesel you wouldnt notice it much.

rotorholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Injectors o-ring?

I believe shreckman had a similar problem, only much more serious. He's not the only one,but his case was the worst I've heard of, and it as I understand, was a bad injector that was bleeding off alot of oil. Hope that's not your problem, but it's something to consider.

I have the same problem with smoking (more in the mornings) It smokes white, I also hear loping like if its running rich when I come to a stop and notice it smoking bad and other times it sounds normal with no smoke? What test can I do to figure out the problem? my truck is a 99 pushing 240k

rotorholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump and mine smokes all the time, just more in the mornings, kinda looks like a train..choo choo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14