Oil crossover line

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have had a crossover line from Dale at Tymar for over five years but to this day I have still not installed it. Every-time I look at it sitting there in the tool box I think about all the remote areas where I travel and think what if it blows? Vehicle reliability is top on my list so this mod is not for me. I have heard that it does quiet the engine down.

dpantazis

Reaction score
crumm-

you keep the plugs you take out in a baggie in your glove box. that way, if you HAVE to, you can pull the line and plug up the holes and drive on.

dp

snakyjake

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is my opinion...

How many people have the cross over installed? It sounds like very few people. And there are a substantial number of people who have reported no noticeable difference, and there are some that can tell a difference.

Are there certain engine years that make the difference? Or maybe climate? Or maybe fuel? Or maybe from a mod? Or maybe from the type of oil?

Does International run a cross over? Are fleets being converted?

Do the newer engines have a cross over?

There are no claims of performance improvement or longevity. For some engines, it might improve the sound the injectors make.

So why spend the extra $$$?
Why take the unnecessary risks?

JRJ04

Reaction score
I have it installed and it definately made the engine quieter and smoother. I might feel a bit smoother acceleration as well.

Keep in mind that not just 1 single thing is going to make a night and day difference...its the combination of many things is where you will notice things changing.

cvdenson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the ITP SS kit installed on mine as one of the first mods I did. I absolutely noticed no difference in the sound, smoothness, or performance.

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14