oil exchanger issue

Rickstallman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Help me out guys My truck, a 2005 F350 crew cab has been in the shop for four weeks now with an oil cooler issue just over 5 years old with 50K miles on it Ford says past coverage and 2700.00 for the repair. ok more on that later but four weeks to repair have any of you guys heard of this?

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk to the dealer nicely about it and see if you can get Ford to at least split the bill with you. A lot of times they will go 50/50 on a just out of warranty repair. Plus, Ford has an updated oil cooler that doesn't fail like the original unit. That should be another feather in your cap on this deal. Just make sure they are putting the updated cooler in it.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is not an updated cooler. Ford came out w/ a core that replaces ONLY the heat exchange parts (no need to replace the frame). They did this to save everybody $$'s.

The key to oil cooler reliability is proper coolant and proper coolant maintenance (flushes).

Rickstallman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Latest update on this issue They had my truck for over a month told me that there were four others in for the same thing. They did reduce the cost it only cost me 500.00 which I thought was a good deal??? However the smell of coolant is so strong in the cab "at times" that it will make you sick drive with the Air / heater running.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all did they replace? Did they replace the EGR cooler or the EGR cooler hose?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl