Oil filter change interval(with Oil Bypass)

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my oil analysed at 5k, then bought an Amsoil bypass filtration system and analysed it again...big difference. Using RotellaT 15w-40 they recommended going another 4k and then send in another sample because they think it could be ran longer than that. They also said there appears to be no reason to change either filter. How long are y'all running your oil/filters? Almost doubling my oil life...this kit just might pay for itself at $45-60 a change:clap:
Thanks,
Jesse

DIESELKID73

dieselkid73
Reaction score
when i was using Chevron Delo 400 i changed it every 3000, now im using AMSOIL Synthetic 15w-40 and go as long as 15,000. How is your by-pass system working out? im been wanting to get one just haven't had the money or the time lately....

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's working great. Blackstone said that the oil change at 5k was fine with just the standard full-flow filter. The system was easy to install, no leaks, and it looks like it's going to increase my change interval. It also is handy because it puts both filters on the same boss which I mounted to the inside of the passenger framerail. Looks like a filter section at the parts store...full-flow, bypass, and tranny bypass all next to eachother...easy service:)
Jesse

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Premo bypass setup on my 2K. Use Rotella 15=40 Synthetic. Change both filters every 8K and change Oil & Filters every 32K. According to Premo, I don't need to change @ 32K.. but it just makes me feel better doing that. I Tow a lot.

I use the Premo filter for the Premo, an Aftermarket filter on the engine. The system has been on my truck 95K of the 125K on the speedo. I don't do Oil Analysis. My 7.3 seldom uses any oil, between filter changes, to add any oil.

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Amsoil ByPass system. I was changing the full flow filter twice a year, and the bypass once a year. With the new media and good analysis, I may change the full flow once and the bypass every other. If they say that is OK, may try longer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14